A Little About Me

A Little About Me
I am an artist.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

"Adventure is Out There" painting

For those of you who don't know I am a Huge Disney fan and I collect a lot of quotes from Disney movies. I really wanted to do a painting that corresponds with the quote "Adventure is Out There", from the popular movie UP. Fully knowing that this is a popular overdone quote, I new that I needed to design a composition that had not yet been seen, so I came up with a almost scrap book/collage design for my composition. To execute this design I collaged newspaper on a canvas and painted on the newspaper. In my mind the newspaper represented different pieces of recorded adventures. I then created clouds out of doilies and pasted them onto the canvas, just to add a little flair to my collage as well as another creative element. To add a finishing touch I painted the quote onto the canvas and that kind just brought the whole piece together.

No comments:

Post a Comment