A Little About Me

A Little About Me
I am an artist.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Illustrations I like (Word Project Planning)

When I was a young child my mother, being the literature teacher she was, thought it was important to read stories to me and my older sister almost every night. My mom enjoyed art and teaching, and still does, so she would always try to find books with awesome images and metaphors. Due to these guidelines she set for herself I had a child hood full of Little Bear, Dr.Seuss, Jan Brett and Eric Carle books.

To this day I can not read a Dr. Seuss book with out looking for a connection between the story in the book and our lives and world today. A few of my favorite stories by him are All The Places You Will Go, Sneetches, and Oh The Thinks You Can Think.

             Image result for dr seuss sneetches        Oh, the Places You'll Go.jpg

I also to this day enjoy going back to my moms collection of Jan Brett and Eric Carle and viewing their wonderful and beautiful illustrations for their books. (click on pics below to visit artists website)

        The Mitten         

Lastly my mom loved soft shows and sweet characters so Little Bear, by Suzanne Collins, just became one of the TV shows I grew up Watching. In addition had a great love for teddy bears so when I got my first Little Bear stuffed animal that came with a book and tea set I thought I had the "real Little Bear" so reading his stories just became supper exciting.  (I also enjoyed Suzanne Collins other shows such as Clifford: Puppy Dog Days and Oswald)

                       
Because I love picture books I wanna design my ten pieces, for my word project, to be very expressive as well as to have an illustrated feel.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "cute" "childish" theme you have going here. You did a lot of really useful research and it really looks like you know where you're heading with your work. I'm just curious as to what media you're going to use (because I know that you know how to use a lot of different materials).

    ReplyDelete