A Little About Me

A Little About Me
I am an artist.

Monday, October 6, 2014

3rd Ward Field Trip Part One

This piece was done by Ruth Grotenrath. The title of the piece is Seated model and it was done in mixed media that to me appears to be oil pastels and chalk pastels. To me this piece feels a little dull because the whole piece is centered however the marks made by the artist on this piece are in my opinion incredible. Although upon first look this piece might seem basic and centered I think as you look deeper into the picture you see more beautiful lines, layers and details. Over all to me this piece is really successful because it is appealing to the eye and every mark on this page has a purpose. I also enjoy the color scheme and scribilistic drawing technique used to convey emotion.

This piece was done by Mark Mulhern and I think it is done in chalk pastel. I really don't get this piece. To me it just feels like a random group of items you could find in an office yet it just seems under developed and a little basic. The perspective is also a little wack because it is all over and their is not really a resting point of negative space for me to focus in the idea he this artist is trying to portray to me. Over all this piece kind of confuses me and makes me dizzy.


This piece was done By Cathy Martin and it was done in oil paint. I really love these pieces because they are so realistic and photo vivid. However to me they are so great they are still just an incredibly beautiful landscape that lacks character and greater ideas. Yet I am still a fan of this artist because these pieces are incredibly realistic to a point where you almost don't even know they are a painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment