A Little About Me

A Little About Me
I am an artist.

Monday, October 6, 2014

3rd Ward Field Trip Part Two

While exploring the third Ward I was rally inspired by all of the buildings and streets lights. I loved the shape, color and design of the street lights as well as the streets signs. Even though the city was not supper busy while we were there I still go this hussel and bussel feel of the city. I also enjoyed how the businesses utilized the side walk as part of their restaurant/store it gave all of the streets a cool character as you walked down them.

I also enjoyed a lot of the door ways and stuff to the businesses just because they all looked warn and like tones of people had walked up and down them. To me that was just one of the coolest thoughts was to think of how many people had walked all around this city and left a little piece of there-self here or there and how these places have been marked by people from all over.

Artistically I also liked the lines of the bricks and buildings and how the all lead back into space. I also enjoyed how the 
lines in the side walk created a grid for the city that people could follow. In addition being a suburban person a lot of times I do not really walk or bike a lot of places because things are to far. However in the city everything is with in reach and people bike or walk everywhere and that element just added to the hussel and bussel emotion of the city. Lastly I enjoyed how everything in the city was collaged together and seemed like it was built like a puzzle piece that filled up the entire city creating an different and more interesting scene to look at on every  block.

No comments:

Post a Comment