A Little About Me

A Little About Me
I am an artist.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Collage Cityscape:
For my cityscape I was not really sure what vibe I wanted to get across When I started. I am by no means good at collage but I figured it might be fun to try and find a bunch of patterns and object that reminded me of the city and then put them all together in a random order and paint a cityscape over them. as I was doing this collage my excitement and confidence in my little collage skills started to build and I got a little carried away. In a way it was good for me because I just let myself loosely paint what I feel needed to be in a city seen. I painted street lights and planters, building lights and streets that I wanted to emphasize. Lastly I scaled back some of the magazine parts that felt to bold. From a compositional standpoint I did a good job in meeting the criteria because I created a complex foreground of buildings, a complexed middle ground of things that I painted and a complex collaged background of things that I found that reminded me of the city. If there was one thing I changed I would have done this assignment on a canvas because the layers of paper are strong, yet my piece still feels a bit flimsy.




Landscape Painting:
My landscape painting to me is gorgeous. I honestly did not know I could paint with such colors and brush strokes and I love it. I used two different brushes (a medium square brush, and a smaller square one), and only primary colors with white added. The idea from this painting came from a recent stroll through the country side with my family on our annual trip our usual pumpkin patch. The foreground consists of the road that vanishes into the middle ground. the middle ground is my favorite part of this piece and the part I really wanted to emphasize all of the things that I enjoyed seeing for instance I was dazzled by all of the vibrant and warm fall colors. Lastly the day we went to the pumpkin farm was a beautiful sunny day so I painted a pretty blue sky and some darker trees in the background to give my painting a more depth and a complexed look. Overall I just wanted to get across the feeling of just strolling through the countryside without any worries from life. If I could change anything about this piece, I would zoom in a little more and make the road narrow in more and possibly go back in with a thinner brush and add more detail to the tree leaves towards the front of the painting and in the grass to create a more photo realism feel. Overall though I am Happy with how this painting turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment